Its that time of the year. The time I look back to see what worked and didn’t work so I can make better decisions this next year. This is not your regular new year resolution. This is the practical way to make life happen.
Last year I discovered Lara Casey’s blog and was blowed away. I love how practical, inspiring and real she is. I followed her goal setting system last year I have to say it really worked. Click on the links bellow to see what I’m talking about and please feel free to do it too. It’s never too late. Last year I started in march and it changed my life. I feel more in control and I feel I’m actually making life really happen instead of letting life happen to me.
-> 2014 Goal Setting Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3
Today I will start looking back and going a little deep on my vision. Tomorrow I will post my goals for 2014. So here we go.
THINGS I MADE HAPPEN IN 2013
– followed my heart
– met an incredible ‘real’ man that loves me for who I am and makes me feel free / found love again
– married this amazing man that i love so much
– became a step-mom
– moved to florida
– enjoyed the moment and leaned let go (still working on that)
– focused on my new family
– started redecorating our house to feel like we are starting fresh
– finished the nyc marathon
– developed a nurturing side of me that i didn’t know i had
– stopped taking antidepressants
– let my hair grow
– went out on countless fun dates with Justin
– became more patient and less judgmental (still working on that too)
– learned and still learning about simplifying life and focusing on what really matters- created good memories with Janiah (my 8-year old step-daughter) – taught her how to roller blade, water hose shower, beach days, nail painting, went to santas enchanted forest, baked brazilian cakes and desserts together
– started going to a new church
– started financial peace university and understand more about money
– spent less money / saved more / was more aware and cautious about money
– spent less time on social media and actually enjoyed real life
– did the contentment challenge
WHAT DIDN’T WORK IN 2013
– didn’t really focus on my business
– didn’t really took good care of my clients
– gained weight
– didn’t workout as much as I wanted
– didn’t eat well / eat too much
– becoming a step-mom is way more challenging then i expected and since the kids live with us it can get very tiring, specially with my controlling nature. (definitely something i have to work more on – not get too frustrated and just let go)
– stopped running after nyc marathon
– didn’t read all the books i planned to read
– even thou I know Justin is saving people’s life, sometimes i feel very lonely when he is working at the fire station (24 hours shift)
– didn’t go to the beach as much as I wanted even thou i live only 3 miles from it.
WHAT FIRES ME UP
– being practical
– work hard and efficiently with no distractions
– have a schedule and a game plan
– expect less
– creativity / creative people
– no judgment
– living in the moment
– do what i love
– ease, effortless and enjoyment
– seeing with my heart
– seeing people act on what God wants them to live
– giving thanks
– getting things done / time management
– setting myself up for success
– to serve others
– to take care of others
– leading people to the light
– reading His word
– letting God word change me daily
– seek God and His peace first thing in the morning
– meditate in the Lord
– yoga and exercise
– eating well / juicing
BIG LESSONS I LEARNED FROM WHAT WORKED IN 2013:
– love my partner for who he is and accept the imperfections feels so good
– solitude recharges me and make me a better person
– to have a quiet morning is extremely important for me to feel balanced
– God still in control and guiding me to be the best wife, step-mom and business woman
– trusting my gut always works
– being selective with who i spend my time with makes me a better person
– simplifying life makes life flow better
– less is more
BIG LESSONS I LEARNED FROM WHAT DIDN’T WORK IN 2013:
– stressing out and expecting too much only makes me suffer
– doubting God makes me feel lost and confused
– trying to be in control of things that are not my responsibilities is just a waste of energy
– i need to make time for myself and for exercising. don’t wait.
WHAT IS MY 2014 VISION?
to be the best i can to myself, my husband and family. to be a light in our house and in the life of my step-kids. to get more business here in South Florida.
to find a balance on our finances and start saving more money. make more money. to feel free, expect less, do more, be more creative.
redecorate the whole house little by little. travel to brazil. love as hard as i can. feel loved and special. seek God’s guidance, peace and wisdom.
THINGS I’M SAYING NO TO IN 2013
– doubt / self-doubt
– bad food
– getting too busy
– worry about what people think
– fake friends
– beating myself up
– trusting men and myself over God
– waste of money
– waste of time
– being overweight
– worry about fitting in and following rules too much
– judgmental thinking
THINGS I’M SAYING YES TO IN 2014
– God / prayer / read the bible
– marriage / quality time / invest my energy in our relationship
– my inner voice
– following my heart
– being healthy
– balanced lifestyle
– believing in myself
– real people / real friends
– being selective with how i spend my time / with who
– managing money right / save money
– build people up
– more business
– organization / less clutter
– less is more
– the beach
– free time / leisure
REFINE AND FINISH THINGS OUT ON STEPS 1-8
*** one word that really resonates with me this year:
WHERE DO I WANT TO BE WHEN I’M 80 YEARS OLD?
-> alive, healthy, strong, mentally and spiritually connect with God. serving God and everyone around me. living a comfortable and simple life in hawaii with my husband. be someone that teaches the love of God through my actions.
WHY DO YOU DO WHAT YOU DO?
-> because is what i love, because that’s how i like to bring color and joy to the world. because it comes to me naturally. because that’s the way i like to serve others. i want to help my clients capture their core, their true essence and create lifetime memories that they will treasure forever. i want to create nostalgia – it brings warmth to the heart.
WHAT KIND OF LIFE I WANT TO LIVE THIS NEXT YEAR?
-> i want to live a intentional life guided by God. a mentally, physically and spiritually balanced life full of synchronicity, trust, peace, love, solitude, fulfillment, joy and happiness. live to the fullest as if each day was my last. be the best i can be to be an amazing person to everyone around me. be the best wife, step-mom and business woman. touch every person’s life with love and light.
QUESTIONS TO ASK:
– will this goal help my 2014 vision?
– does this goal also help others?
– what would i spend time on this goal?
– does this goal help build God’s kingdom?
I will be posting my goals tomorrow. I would love to hear from you. Feel free to share your goals in the comments and lets keep each other accountable.
There is something powerful about sharing your goals with the ‘world’. You feel stronger to go and do it. Try it if you haven’t yet.
Why am I doing this?
I always sit down and create my goals and resolutions for the next year but since last year when I discovered Lara’s method, everything changed and things actually started to happen in my life.
I accomplished much more then the years before. To be honest, not everything went as I planned but I was able to let go and trust that God is in control and everything that happens is for a purpose.
To have a game plan helps me keep my vision alive and give me direction. This goal setting thing :) has been so awesome that I needed to share with you all. It makes me feel vulnerable and “too” open but I found out that making myself vulnerable helps us grow.
So let’s do this!
Have an amazing New Years Eve everyone! Enjoy!
See you tomorrow!