I hope you all had a great time celebrating the beginning of the year with your loved ones!
My New Year’s Eve was good and lazy. My parents were staying with us and my mom cooked an amazing dinner for us. Of course I helped but she pretty much did everything and I’m so grateful for her. We chilled at the house, Janiah played DJ (as usual) and we danced. We had great family conversations sharing our goals for the new year and challenged the kids to dream big. After we ate the amazing dinner (it was SO GOOD!) we washed the dishes (we don’t own a dishwasher by option) and cleaned the mess as I can’t stand dirty dishes in the sink and then we headed to the beach. We parked at Galleria Mall and walked. There we sat and waited for the fireworks which wasn’t many like it is in Brazil – I wish there were more fireworks. Anyways, midnight came and we hugged and celebrated. It felt so good. We love bringing the new year at the beach – it’s the place I feel most connected with God and the Universe! Then we came home and ate Brazilian flan and apple pie.
I have a great feeling about 2016!!! 2015 was pretty awesome and there’s so much to be grateful for, but I feel that 2016 will be even more awesome and I’m here with an open heart, bring it on!
A couple of weeks a go took some time to meditate and reflect on 2015 – in what I made it happen, what didn’t workout, what needs to get better and much more. I looked in the mirror and asked myself what I want for 2016 – things I’m saying yes to, things I’m saying no to, what fires me up and where I see myself when I’m 80. I rewrote my vision and mission statement for my life and business and wrote down goals and plans for all categories in my life:
Family / Love / Spirituality / Health / Finances / Business / Intellectual / Personal
With all of that in mind I came up with a few goals that I would like to share with the world with the purpose of keeping myself accounted. My life completely changed since I started writing and sharing my yearly and monthly goals and creating vision boards. I’m a strong believer in the power of our thoughts and asking for what we want out loud. It really happens. So here we go…
Our goal as a family is to : have a deeper connection with one another and have a better line of communication.
- have more businesses (say YES to MORE family and maternity sessions and shoot at least 5 births)
- visit Brazil with Justin
- read 12 books (still working on my list)
- convert the garage into a 4th bedroom
- backyard makeover (hammocks, table, garden, shade …)
- save more money and spend wisely
- buy a new car (not that I want but we need one so bad)
- deeper my meditation and spiritual practice
- teach yoga / practice yoga daily
- create a community of like minded families that support each other
- learn to play the guitar and sing more
- create an art studio for me and Janiah
- swim / run on a weekly basis
- make painting and drawing part of my weekly routine
- green juice at least 4x a week
At the beginning of each month I will look back at my overall goals and my vision and mission statement for this year and create a list of small attainable monthly goals and put up on my wall next to my computer to help me achieve the big ones. One step at a time. One day at a time.
- finish Pixifi setup
- change FAQ page / create new mashed
- organize all files (could or google drive)
- organize external hard drives
- set up online backup
- go to eye doctor / get new glasses
- DIY bench for entry way
- buy new car
- try out Yoga Joint
- set up newsletter
- read The Four Agreements
- Finish The Highly Sensitive Person audio book
The reason I blog my goals is to inspire myself and maybe inspire at least one person out there. I feel that sharing helps me stay on track and the chances of me attaining my goals are much higher. It’s all about being vulnerable, as when we let ourselves be seen, we grow!
I would love to hear about your goals, please share them with me :)